Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Marriage Differences - part 7

I started out my relationship with conflict in my marriage that seemed to largely play out as conflict with finances, but our larger issues were spiritual. Not just the need for salvation, but God needed to develop His character within me. It was I who was woefully lacking. It was for my good that God gave me this conflict. Not to harm me, but to redirect me. 

While we are both hard driven, strong willed people we are very different personalities. I am the saver in our marriage. He is the spender. I plan things out while he is able to take a trip and just head "west". He is much more affectionate and spontaneous than I am. I am more guarded and introspective. He is the life of the party while I am the "Martha" in the kitchen working the details behind the scenes. 

God gave me the ability to appreciate the differences that my husband brings. It isn't about one person having their way at the expense of the other, but in appreciating the talents that he brings and dedicating myself to help him become all that he can be. I know that the love of a good woman cannot do it all for him, but the love of a good God has everything he could ever desire. My hope is that I can grow in grace so much that I can be Christ to this man I love. To give him what Christ gave me - hope and a future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment