Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year Resolutions

Don't you just love fresh starts?  New Years is often the time we begin again resolving to make things right in our lives. We write out goals for weight loss, savings, more exercise, less junk food, the list goes on and on. 

The Bible has guidance for us as we begin our new commitments. 
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."  Matthew 6:33 (KJV). If we apply this principle we have the assurance that if we make our relationship with The Lord our highest priority that He will provide us all our needs and desires. You may be saying, "wait a minute, isn't that the theme of the prosperity gospel?"  Yes, that is the theme of prosperity gospel, but the element my prosperity gospel friends miss is that when we truly seek God, His word applied to our hearts changes our desires to align with His own. All the trivial stuff falls to the wayside while all the important things rise to the top when we put God first. 

My New Years resolution is to keep more of God's word in my heart and in my memory, carve out time for real fellowship on worship and prayer. I resolve to confess my sin more and to thank God in all things for that is God's will for me. I resolve to live my faith more boldly and to share my faith with more people without fear of rejection. I plan to seek God in His word and apply what I find to my life. To join me in my Bible study, come find me at my blog http://happysteward.blogspot.com. 

I hope that you will take God's challenge to seek Him in 2014 and find that all the other goals you have fall into place as a result.  Share with me your thoughts. Let's challenge one another to keep the faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment